Monday, August 10, 2009

The Loft and The Mayor

When I was teaching at Woodway we liked to go to downtown Edmonds for Happy Hour. Across the street from our favorite place was a little coffee shop/ bar. I have wanted to try it since I saw them building it last year. The front of the building has personality and looks like something in Seattle not in Deadmonds.

On Friday Lisa, Jenny and I walked into The Loft. The lighting was pretty dark and everyone inside was old with white hair. I am starting to realize that you can't count out a place just because of that. We headed upstairs to the loft and ordered tea and espresso. We also found ourselves hungry and tried the panini, wrap and quinoa. I couldn't help myself and I also ordered the fries with oregono and feta. Yum! Everything we tried was great. There was a covered outdoor patio area that looked like it would be fun for drinks in the evening. Our server was very calm and relaxed almost in a weird way.
On our way out I met Mayor Gary Haakenson. He warmly welcomed me to Edmonds.

0 comments: