Introduction:
Here is the first edition of my monthly Randomness Blog posting. Sometimes there are things I want to tell you about, but I don't want to make a page long post about it. Now once a month I will throw in a mixture of ideas, thoughts, and randomness for your pleasure.
Alex:
That is such a bummer about Alex's test. (See below- blog posting by Alex) I feel for him. I was trying to study with him and all the words and terms are overwhelming and so particular. I think he should just blow up his work's bus and then we won't have this bus problem.
Music:
This week we are going to see the Kooks! The last time we saw them was at the Crocodile Cafe, which is now closed down, but rumored to be reopening. We went to the show with Jenny and Jeff and the place was totally crowded and full of energy. This was one of the first vinyls we spun on our record player. (Alex, was it the first one?)
I really like the song Skinny Love by Bon Iver.
http://www.myspace.com/boniver
I think it just sounds cool, kinda gloomy, but sweet at the same time. I just found out that he played Neumos in August, which is a bummer.
Lyrics to Skinny Love :
Come on skinny love just last the year
Pour a little salt we were never here
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my
Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer
I tell my love to wreck it all
Cut out all the ropes and let me fall
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my
Right in the moment this order's tall
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind
In the morning I'll be with you
But it will be a different "kind"
I'll be holding all the tickets
And you'll be owning all the fines
Come on skinny love what happened here
Suckle on the hope in lite brassiere
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my
Sullen load is full; so slow on the split
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind
Now all your love is wasted?
Then who the hell was I?
Now I'm breaking at the britches
And at the end of all your lines
Who will love you?
Who will fight?
Who will fall far behind?
It's ok that we missed this show because we also have a Ray Lamontagne concert coming up and Brandi with the SYMPHONY!
Football:
The Washington State Cougars are terrible this season. It's so so so disappointing. The Huskies suck too, but the Cougars are disgraceful. I am so sad for them. I would hate to be at WSU trying not to be a fly by night fan as Kat used to say. At least those crazy college kids can have another excuse to get obliterated. Not that they need one. The one remaining hope is that the Cougs beat the Huskies. I may finally donate some money to those damn Cougs if they do that. Probably not. I am still bitter about their terrible teacher prep program.
INTERNET:
I found this cool search engine today. It's for the visual learner and it's not super user friendly, but will help you kill some interneting time.
www.searchme.com
Check it out. Enter something you want to search and note the icons on the top.
Conclusion:
That's all for my randomness today. Alex is at work and I am really bored. I guess I should go get dressed for the day. It is 2pm. Hopefully he will come home and soon and entertain me. Have a good Sunday everyone! Oh! We are going to Minnesota in December! Alex will tell you more about it later.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment