

This weekend Alex and I spent the night at Big Pines Campground and then took the Umtanum hike. We were hoping to see some big horn sheep, but just saw a bunch of birds. We recently purchased some wildlife guides so we used the bird one at our campsite and on the hike. Our hike was nice, flat, easy, pretty, but sort of simple too. In a few weeks when more wildflowers are blooming it will be pretty spectacular. The best part of the weekend was the last part of the hike. It suddenly ended at a creek and instead of just turning around we headed deeper into the woods and clamored up a rocky hill. I was so scared, but Alex encouraged and urged me to keep hiking to the top. It was steep and I felt like a big horn sheep at the end. The most memorable part of the weekend may have been when I was cooking up some popcorn. I accidentally opened it wrong before putting it on the fire. So when the flames engulfed the popcorn the kernels starting sputtering out everywhere and I got so scared I dropped it in the fire. Flaming popcorn kernels! Alex was just a little disappointed. Oops! Another fun weekend.
0 comments:
Post a Comment