Friday, January 30, 2009

It took me 1.5 hours to get to work tonight, which it shoud only take me 15 minutes.

Its times like tonight where the city was too much. Where I wish I lived far away from the city. Where the word “traffic’ isn’t apart of the vocabulary. So, on any given Friday night, it takes me 15 minutes from Wallingford to Magnolia. Not tonight. The traffic was the thickest I’ve ever seen it in Seattle.

From Wallingford to 15th and Market, a 8-10 minute drive to that intersection from work, and about another 5-8 minute drive to Magnolia Community Center from there. Well, tonight it took me much longer thanks to a nasty car crash on 15th which closed down and detoured cars away from the Magnolia Bridge. According from co-workers, they mentioned how KING 5 news where explaining that this was, "A crash between two cars. The two cars where flipped n' stuff. Making every which backed up for at least an hour or two." That was around the peak of 4:30 pm when the accident happened. Cool, uh... NOT.

So, I had to, for those who know the area, I was on 15th and Market and had to drive back to 99, which took me 45 minutes and another 45 minutes to drive around Queen Anne. An hour-and-thirty minutes later I arrived at work. I was hour-and-thirty minutes late to work my three hour shift. Ouch. Alex

0 comments: