
I told myself I would not blog about the snow anymore. This is somewhat of a rare occasion for me, but I know other people see this type of weather often and you don't want to hear my silly childlike rant. But, then I saw this picture on the Stranger's Blog and I had to post it.
People are freaking out about the snow plows here. Most people argue Seattle is slow at clearing roads and should invest in more plows and even... salt! Some people say this only happens every 4-6 years and we shouldn't waste our money on plows that will become rusty.
I feel a little trapped and I was starting to think Seattle needed to get their a%#es moving, but then I see this picture. Slog calls it Street Joy. The streets may not be clear and it may be difficult to get around, but this weather brings out the best in most people. As I walked around our neighborhood the last few snow covered days everyone is a little more friendly to each other. Joyful. I love it.
Happy Holidays to everyone! I hope you spend these days with family and friends. Keep warm and here's to a joyful New Year.
0 comments:
Post a Comment