Introduction: Here is the Randomness newsletter edition 2. I told you way back on October 19th that I would do this Randomness once a month. It's December 4th so I figure it's about time.
Music: Alex and I have been trying to save in every way we possibly can. One way is to cut back on the concerts. Somehow we scraped together enough money to attend the most magical amazing concert I have ever been to, Brandi Carlile. She is AMAZING live. If you ever get the chance to see her, it’s worth every penny.
Our history with Brandi goes back a little ways. Alex actually has known her longer than I have, but that was pre-Anne time so we won’t get into that. Our first experience with Brandi was during our first (and only) road trip to California together. Alex got us tickets to see her in San Francisco at the Great American Music Hall. The show was cozy and her strong voice and folk rock sound drew me in and let me over look her sometimes country-ish sound. We both have seen her a few times since then, but this recent concert blows them all out of the water. Brandi’s set at Benaroya Hall was spell binding. I can’t tell you enough how great she sounded. She started the show with just acoustics and ended the show with the symphony. In the middle she rocked out with her band. I LOVE HER! Go see her!
I like a few songs by Santogold right now. One of her songs, Lights Out is on my MixTape. See previous blog.
Family: Thanksgiving was great and low key and yummy. My favorite dishes are stuffing and my mom’s cranberry salad, but I like them because of how they are the puzzle piece on your plate that finishes the puzzle. Or something. Thanksgiving is nothing without them!
Alex is playing Left for Dead his favorite video game. He screams at the TV and yells about Zombies all night long. I just asked him his favorite dish and he said asparagus. That is a lie and ridiculous. I think it might be his mom’s cheesy potatoes, but I can’t keep Alex’s attention long enough to ask him. We are probably going to be able to enjoy some of those yummy potatoes on December 13th when we fly back to Minnesota to visit the Costumbrado Family and attend Noel’s graduation. Hopefully we will get to go to a Hockey game and party it up with the college kids in Mankato. Drinks are SUPER cheap at the college bars. I am also excited to see Sam and Andrew at their new apartment East of Minneapolis. It’s going to be a really quick weekend and I am already thinking about how much caffeine I will probably to need to drink to stay on track. We leave Friday around 4pm and return Sunday around 4pm. We wish it was longer.
Conclusion: I really don’t have a lot to say and I am a little surprised I typed all that. I wish I could give you a good reason to read it all. Alex and I are doing really well. December brings lots of laughs in our house. We have been swimming at the city pool and working out in this crappy community center. It’s nice. It feels like we are settling in or something. Oh god, we aren’t getting old, right?
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment