The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is my favorite book of the summer. I could write you a review of the book but so many bloggers do a better job of that I will just put some links here. I will say that Zusak builds up anticipation with his poetic writing and although the story line is dark he adds has enough light to keep you reading. He even puts Death in as the narrator which is totally interesting and probably fitting being that the setting is in Germany during World War II. At the end of this book I was crying so hard I could barely read the pages. Poor Liesel.
I just realized what I did this summer. I read 13 books. I love reading. It is as if Reading is some old elementary friend I have reunited with. I think what has really worked in getting me interested in reading, (besides friends recommending books) is the Seattle Public Library. It's amazing what a library card and and the internet can inspire me to do. I love going online, putting holds on books and researching for the next good book. To find my next good story I read blogs and use amazon's nifty little tool to read the first few pages of a book. Wow, I am a nerd.
The next thing I want to read is Augusten Burroughs' A Wolf at the Table and then Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo. After that I will try to read Stephanie Meyer's Twilight, but I am hoping I don't sucked into that series. I also checked out a cute book called Pug Hill that looks fun. I am afraid now that school is starting my reading will be on the back burner, but I am going to try and substitute internet time for reading time. Ugh! Life is tough.
Alex has been reading too! His next read is Into the Wild, maybe.
I am going to put a Shelf on here with the books I read this summer. If you have any recommendations, let me know. I will add it, if it's not there already, to my HOLD list on SPL website.
Happy Reading!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
This is so great. Now when I need a good book to read I can just look on your blog. Thanks for making my life easier Anners!
Post a Comment