Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lake Ann and Maple Pass


As I scooped freeze dried mac and cheese, potato stew and rock fish dinner into my mouth with a modified spoon I had made with a plastic bottle I wished for a life always this simple. I found myself to be famished and ate faster than Alex scooping the delicious meal into my mouth. After a long hike past Lake Ann and up to Maple Pass we deserved this wonderful meal that Alex blessed for us. I do not recommend the mac and cheese, or maybe if we had used a regular spoon to stir the dried cheese and crunchy macaroni it would have tasted even better. I am not complaining, my plate was shortly empty and I was the one who had forgotten our utensils. My after dinner entertainment wasn’t a TV or COD4 but a gaze to the expansive mountains surrounding us. This weekend we ventured into the North Cascades and stayed at Colonial Creek Campground right off of Diablo Lake. On Saturday morning we took an 8 mile hike around and through the mighty Cascade mountain range. I cannot tell you anymore, you will just have to watch this amazing slide show of pictures. As always we like to see ourselves so there are quite a few of just us, but we know how much you love us and not mountains, so enjoy.

I wrote this as we sat inside our favorite PhinneyWood bar, (mix Phinney Ridge and Greenwood together and you get Phinneywood, that’s our neighborhood nickname!) the Dray, I asked Alex what he thought about the hike and this is what he said…

“It was amazing. The continual beauty was omnipresent, just beautiful at all times.”

That pretty much sums it up.

Oh, we even saw a Marmot!

0 comments: