Monday, March 31, 2008

A Little Pop?

Hopefully you are looking for a little pop today...

I swear everything cool comes from the UK. Well, maybe not everything, but as far as music goes that little Island puts out some pretty amazing stuff. It's always frustrating too, because they are so far away. We really should build a bridge so we all can just take a bus to check out their shows. Sarah, get on that design.

Here are some bands I checked out today:
The Foals, The Rakes, The Maccabees, Frank Turner, Mystery Jets, Jack Penate and 1990s.

The Kooks, another band from the UK, are coming out with a new album. I am definitely excited for their sophomore release. They have a new single on myspace which sounds super fun and not too far from their first cd. Too bad their tour includes hitting up Sasquatch and not a smaller venue like the Crocodile (RIP).

A fun band not from the UK, but with the same catchy sounds as some of the above listed are Scissors for Lefty. I could give you a review of them, but just check out their myspace page. I liked the song Next to Argyle the best.

0 comments: